You could essentially throw whatever you want in here, but I am always a fan of lots of carrots, onions, and occasionally a sweet potato or two thrown in for good measure.
1) 2 pounds of stew meat (the package will actually say this)
2) 2-3 onions, chopped
3) 1-2 pounds of carrots, either diced or use baby carrots (I always add a lot of carrots because they're my favorite once they're all soft and juicy! So I did about 2#, but you could do less)
4) 1-3 sweet potatoes, diced (I added two of them. Sweet potatoes have a tendency to explode in the crock-pot and create a thicker sauce for the meal. If you want them to stay intact, cut them into really big cubes.)
5) 1-2 tablespoons of spices of your choice (I added italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt)
**Makes 6 large servings
1) Add your stew meat to your slow cooker.
5) Enjoy! Portion it out for leftovers and have a hearty meal to keep you full and satisfied.