I don't know about you, but I seriously love crispy skin chicken. I cannot get enough of it! My future mother-in-law didn't really know this about me yet, but she made a delicious roasted chicken leg when we visited and I was in love! So this recipe is my take on her dish and I think I did her justice!
You could make this recipe with chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks if you don't have the whole leg, but it should be bone in and skin on for best results.
1) 4-6 bone-in, skin on chicken legs (thigh + drumstick)
2) 1 teaspoon of ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil
3) 1/2 tablespoon paprika
4) 1 teaspoon salt
5) 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Place your chicken legs in a 9x13 pan, or a 9x9 pan if they fit.
4) In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
7) After 30 minutes, you will cook for an additional 25-30 minutes, basting with the liquid at the bottom of the pan every 5 minutes. This is the KEY to crispy skin! Don't skip this part!