It's fully into the fall season, which means that apples are finally getting cheaper! Growing up in Washington state, I am a huge apple lover. And what meat goes better with apples than pork? I remember growing up eating pork chops and apple sauce! So this hash is a take on that.
This meal is also Zoned, and it's a one pot dish which is hard to find when it comes to Paleo-Zone meals. This makes 24 blocks, so split it up accordingly!
1) 2 pounds of ground pork or sausage
2) 3 apples, cored and diced
3) 3 large onions, chopped (6 cups)
4) 1 large sweet potato, chopped (12 ounces)
1) Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat, add your pork and cook until brown.
2) While your pork is cooking, chop up your apples, onions and sweet potato into bite-sized pieces. Try to make them all the same size to aid with even cooking.
3) Once your pork is cooked, add in your chopped vegetables and fruit.
4) Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until everything is tender and cooked thoroughly.
5) Eat up! This makes a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Love this recipe as well! Do you know aprox. how much 1 block is, either weighed or in cups?ReplyDelete