Friday, August 8, 2014

Easy Tuna Cakes

I've been a little lazy with my cooking lately. I've been eating a lot of tuna mixed with homemade mayo, or chicken mixed with mayo. Not sure if it's because it's so hot everyday here, or because I'm just a little overwhelmed in school and don't want to spend any time in the kitchen.

But I was really wanting a different texture the other day, and decided to try and whip up a tuna cake with my tuna, instead of just mixing it with mayonnaise. This recipe was super quick, simple, and tasted really great! I loved the crispy outside of it, and I have been making it pretty often ever since!

Ingredients
1) 7 oz can of tuna, drained
2) 1 egg
3) 1/4 cup of almond flour
4) Salt and pepper
5) A little oil for the pan (I used ghee)

Instructions
1) Heat up a pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
2) Drain your tuna, and add it to a bowl, along with your egg and almond flour. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Stir all the ingredients together to fully incorporate.
4) Add a little oil to your pan to thinly coat and prevent sticking. Then form small balls of your tuna mixture, and flatten them out on your skillet. Mine made 4 small cakes.
5) Cook for 6-7 minutes, until starting to brown.
6) Flip over your cakes and cook an additional 5-6 minutes, until brown on both sides.
7) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment