I love cabbage, in all forms. But my favorite is definitely sweet, tender, roasted cabbage. This dish was incredibly easily and it was really good under a nice meat with some sauce! It is equally as delicious and stands up well as a side dish. Go crazy---cabbage is cheap, healthy, and awesome!
1) 1 large head of cabbage
2) 1 medium onion, diced
3) 2 tablespoons cooking oil (ghee, coconut oil, tallow, etc)
4) 1 cup of chicken or beef stock
5) 1/2 tablespoon of salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put your dutch oven on the stove and turn on heat to medium-high.
2) Chop your onion, then add your cooking oil to the pan. Throw in your onions, and stir.
3) Add half of your salt to your onions and cook for 8-10 minutes, until starting to be translucent and soft.
5) After the onions have cooked, add in your cabbage. It will be very full at this point! Drizzle your 1 cup of stock on top, and your remaining salt.