I've been in a cooking rut the last couple of weekends and have just been making the same thing over and over. But I really wanted to taste something different and I was craving some Mexican food. This meal turned our insanely tasty and the shredded potatoes in it just added the right texture and bulk to fill you up. Add any veggies you like, but I really liked the carrot/onion/tomato mixture for my taco. You could certainly top this with some guacamole---it would make it even better!
1) 2 pound of ground beef (or other ground meat of choice)
2) 1 pound of potatoes, grated or diced
3) 1 pound of carrots, grated or diced
4) 2 onions, grated or diced
5) 2 cans of diced tomatoes (15oz each)
Extra: 4 tablespoons chili powder, 4 tablespoons cumin, 1/2 tablespoon salt (optional 1 teaspoon of hot sauce)
1) Preheat your oven to 350.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add your ground beef.
3) Break up the ground beef into small chunks and cook until browned. Drain out the majority of the liquid in the bottom of the pan (I do this by tilting the pan to the side, and using a scoop to ladle the oil into a bowl.)