Summer is wrapping up, which means it is time for pumpkins! We are recently trying to eat Paleo-Zone for some personal goals, so I have been trying to figure out some one-pot meals to make that incorporate everything together. So pumpkin has a lot of good, healthy carbs in it, and completes this meal out perfectly! Adding in the bulk with carrots and onions make this meal incredibly filling. So eat up----it's finally cooling down enough for a delicious warm stew at the end of the day!
1) 2 pounds of chicken (breasts, thighs or mixture)
2) 3 cans of pumpkin puree (about 6 cups total)
3) 1 can of coconut milk (14oz)
4) 2 large onions (4 cups chopped)
5) 8-10 large carrots, chopped (1.5 pounds)
Extra: Spices of your choosing--(I added 2 TBSP curry, 1 TBSP cinnamon and salt)
**Zone: This will make a 24-block meal in your crockpot. I weighed it out into three 5-block meals for the boyfriend, and three 3-block meals for myself.
If you don't want to make this Zone friendly, you can adjust the pumpkin and vegetable amounts to your liking. It was a huge pot of food, for sure.
1) Get out your slow cooker!
2) Mix three cans of pumpkin with the can of coconut milk. Add in any spices you want now.
|Pumpkin and Coconut Milk mixture|
3) Chop up your onions and carrots, and add to the mix.
4) Add in your chicken. No need to chop it up, it'll get shredded after cooking.
|All ingredients added|
5) Mix everything in your crockpot. Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
|All mixed up and ready to slow cook|
6) After the cooking, use two forks and shred your chicken into the stew.
|Cooked & Shredded|
7) Dinner time!
Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe! My husband and I just started zoning, and I've been finding it difficult to make full meals like this and figure out the blocks in each meal. My husband is eating 4 block meals and I'm eating 2 block meals, how much of this stew would I need to measure for each block..either in ounces or cups?ReplyDelete
This makes 24 blocks, so what I do is get out 6 tupperware containers, and weigh out the stew until each of the 6 weigh the same. Then you know you got 4 blocks in each of them (4 x 6 = 24 blocks). Then you could take one of the tupperware that has 4 blocks in it, and measure it out to two even portions, and each of those would be 2. That's how I always do it for us. So it's too hard to say cups or weight, because it will vary slightly based on your exact ingredients. So just get a kitchen scale and you got this!ReplyDelete
3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!