These little puppies were a partial inspiration from Health-Bent's Peach Frangipane recipe.
I love apples. I love apple pie. I love almost all things apples. So when we knew we were heading to my boyfriend's parent's house for Thanksgiving, I knew I wanted to make some sort of apple treat. Thanksgiving is not the same in my mind without some apple-y dessert!
I made a version of Health-Bent's tart with a blueberry topping and I really liked it! But I wanted to cut out the sugar and figure out a way to use the same basic ingredients they used (almonds, eggs, coconut oil) to make a quick and easy apple tart. Thus, this recipe was born. It's got a pretty dense almond layer, and without the added sugar it has a more savory, biscuit-like taste (hence the "Almost-Biscuits" in the title!).
You can certainly add sweetener to the base if you want something sweeter. I'd recommend a few tablespoons of honey.
These tarts did not last very long! They were a perfect treat to eat alongside a hot cup of tea or coffee.
1) 1 1/2 cups of almonds (I used roasted and salted)
2) 3 eggs
3) 4 tablespoons coconut oil (1/4 cup), melted
4) 2 apples, finely diced
5) 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup to add sweetness. But I made mine without and even the non-Paleo guys liked it.
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Add the almonds, eggs, and melted coconut oil to a food processor.
2) Blend until it makes a paste. This is your base of the tartlet.
3) Chop up your apples into small pieces so they cook easier and stick easier.
4) Into silicone muffin tins, or paper muffin cups, or well greased muffin tin, add in a scoop of your tartlet base. This made 12 muffins perfectly for me, so spread the batter out evenly between the muffins. Press the batter down so it's level.
5) Add a mound of chopped up apples to each muffin, evenly dividing the two chopped apples.
6) I sprinkled my muffins with cinnamon for some extra flavor and some visual appeal.
7) Bake at 350 for 18-25 minutes, until your tart is thoroughly cooked and firm when you press it.
8) Let cool and remove from your muffin tins. Enjoy!
3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!