Happy Valentine's Day!
I had never cooked with chia seeds before this recipe, but I have been seeing it a lot in recipes lately and when I saw a bag at our local Costco, we bought one so I could try my hand at some chia seed creations.
Seeing as I had to add a fair amount of sweetener to this dish, we certainly won't make it on a regular basis. But it was really delicious for a nice Sunday night treat after a great meal. You could portion it into small servings to have a nice, healthy-sized dessert too. We ate this in two days between the two of us, because it was THAT good!
You could essentially add anything else you'd like to this dish. Next time I want to add up some chopped banana slices!
1) 1 can of coconut milk (15 oz)
2) 1/2 cup of chia seeds
3) 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
4) 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5) 3-6 tablespoons of honey (to taste)
**Makes 2-4 servings
1) Get your ingredients ready, because this recipe is quick!
2) Mix your coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and 3 Tablespoons of honey together. Stir well. Taste and check the sweetness. If it's not sweet enough for you, add more honey. (I added about 5 Tablespoons because we were going for something fairly sweet).
Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:ReplyDelete
3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.ReplyDelete
The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!