Happy Valentine's Day!
I had never cooked with chia seeds before this recipe, but I have been seeing it a lot in recipes lately and when I saw a bag at our local Costco, we bought one so I could try my hand at some chia seed creations.
Seeing as I had to add a fair amount of sweetener to this dish, we certainly won't make it on a regular basis. But it was really delicious for a nice Sunday night treat after a great meal. You could portion it into small servings to have a nice, healthy-sized dessert too. We ate this in two days between the two of us, because it was THAT good!
You could essentially add anything else you'd like to this dish. Next time I want to add up some chopped banana slices!
1) 1 can of coconut milk (15 oz)
2) 1/2 cup of chia seeds
3) 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
4) 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5) 3-6 tablespoons of honey (to taste)
**Makes 2-4 servings
1) Get your ingredients ready, because this recipe is quick!
2) Mix your coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and 3 Tablespoons of honey together. Stir well. Taste and check the sweetness. If it's not sweet enough for you, add more honey. (I added about 5 Tablespoons because we were going for something fairly sweet).