These were sort of my take on Red Robin's delicious fries. Man, those are so good. We don't go out to eat very often, but when we do sometimes we go to RR for their bottomless fries. Their spice mixture is just so tasty!
So I just tried to throw some spices together and hope it was equally as good on some roasted potatoes. This takes regular potatoes and really jazzes them up! We served these with dinner, and also with a nice breakfast when we had my brother-in-law over.
We try to add in some extra starches on days we have workouts, but if you are trying to be lower carb you might want to make these on special occasions and not for regular eating.
1) 2 pounds of potatoes of choice (russet, sweet, white, red...)
2) 1 tablespoon cooking oil (ghee, coconut oil, etc)
3) 1 tablespoon of spice mixture
Ingredients for Spice Mixture
1) 1 tablespoon salt
2) 1 tablespoon paprika
3) 1 tablespoon chili powder
4) 1 teaspoon dried basil (or Italian seasoning)
5) 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Get out a cookie sheet and coat it with a silicone mat or with parchment paper.
2) Chop up your potatoes into similar shaped cubes, to ensure even cooking.
4) Mix up your spice mixture. This will make a lot, so use something you can store (we used a small plastic container). You'll be able to make this recipe about 4 times by just making this spice mixture once.
6) Cook for 35-45 minutes, flipping over at the half way point.
3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!