Saturday, September 12, 2015

Crispy Sweet & Sour Brussels Sprouts

My husband and I disagree about how we like to cook Brussels Sprouts. He likes them soft and cooked in the slow cooker with chicken and broccoli. I like them crispy and cooked in the oven. So I bought some at the grocery store the other day and was only making them for myself to go with some sausage I had taken out. So I wanted to make crispy ones! These were inspired by some recipes I browsed on Pinterest.

These were absolutely amazing. You have to make them!

Ingredients
1) 2 pounds of Brussels Sprouts (I bought the bag at Costco)
2) 2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil
3) 1 tablespoon maple syrup
4) 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
5) 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Extra; Salt, a few drops hot sauce (optional)

Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut your sprouts in half. Place on a lined baking sheet ( I used aluminum foil)
3) Melt your ghee or coconut oil and drizzle on the sprouts. Mix with your hands to blend, and then sprinkle with salt.
4) Bake for 60 minutes on the top rack of your oven, stirring every 20 minutes. They will be dark and crispy when done.
5) Once the sprouts are baked, mix your maple/fish sauce/lemon juice/(optional hot sauce), and then toss on your Brussels sprouts. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete