Whenever I slow cook with sweet potatoes they always seem to explode and turn the meal into a thick stew----which is just fine in my book! So when this recipe is done, you will not really have any resemblance of sweet potato cubes. But you will have a tasty, hearty stew instead!
1) 2 pounds chicken breast or thigh (no need to chop these, just throw them in. They'll shred later)
2) 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
3) 1 large onion, cut into chunks
4) 1 Tablespoon tomato paste + 1 cup of water
5) 2-4 cups of baby kale (or regular kale, which you should chop into smaller pieces)
1) Throw your chicken into your slow cooker.
2) Chop up your sweet potatoes and onion, and toss that in too.
3) Add your tomato paste/water, and then stir to incorporate everything.
4) Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5) In the last hour of cooking, open your slow cooker and stir to mix everything up. This will shred your chicken. Add in your kale, and stir until it's incorporated.
6) Cook for 30-60 minutes longer until the kale is tender.
I don't think I have tomato paste and I would like to make this tomorrow night for dinner. Can I use something else instead?ReplyDelete
If you don't have any tomatoes at all, you could probably just add a few drops of fish sauce to give it the umami flavor that the tomato sauce does. Or even omit it and it will probably still be great!ReplyDelete
Ever made it with spinach instead of Kale?ReplyDelete
Nice and well written recipe. Chicken tastes good in any form, You can also try order chicken pickle achar and various non veg pickles by SITARA at their online store, The India's biggest online store for picklesReplyDelete