Coming from Washington State, I super DOOOOOPER love apples. Yes I do! And I also love apple pie. I mean, really, who doesn't? But it is a lot of work, for one, and it's unfortunately very difficult to pull off a good gluten-free/Paleo crust for it. But let's be honest, isn't the inside the best part anyway??!!
So I will tell you that after I made this for my boyfriend a few times when we started dating, he encouraged me/us to buy a case of Coconut Cream Concentrate from Tropical Traditions, because it is THAT good! We still have tons of it, so I am able to make this dish a lot and keep little portions of it in our fridge, and we can have it as a side for a meal or a delicious dessert. Couldn't be easier, or tastier!
1) Apples (I used Fuji apples, and I used 4 apples to make 4 servings of this. Use as many or as few as you want at the time)
3) Coconut Cream Concentrate (aka Coconut Butter---you can find this at Tropical Traditions, or many other places (Let's Do Organic makes a good version too) or you can make your own. It's just like almond butter, except instead of almonds you use shredded coconut and puree until smooth) --- You will use 1 TBSP per apple
|The best product ever. Love love LOVE coconut cream!|
1) Cut up your apples however you want. I chop them into small wedges. Whatever works for you!
|Sauteing the apples|
2) Saute on medium heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft. The longer you saute them, the softer they will be. I like mine super soft, but it's up to you!
3) Sprinkle some cinnamon on top, or apple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice. Any dessert spices will work!
|Adding the cinnamon|
4) Stir up your apples. Now it's time to add the coconut cream. You will add 1 tablespoon per apple. If this doesn't look like enough, add some more. It's YOUR meal to enjoy!
|Ready for coconut!|
|Add in your coconut cream----almost done!|
5) Stir to incorporate, and your apple "pie" is done!
I make 4-5 apples at a time, and then break it up into 4-5 servings and stick those in tupperware in the fridge so we always have some apples when the dessert demon starts calling!
3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!