Who doesn't love a good roast? Especially on a nice, relaxing weekend.
Well I do love a roast. But even more so-----I SERIOUSLY LOVE CARROTS. That's 95% of the reason why I make this dish. So I put a ton of them in there....and they were insane. Yum!
This recipe is very simple, and a crowd pleasure. Do yourself a favor and just buy a big bag of baby carrots so you don't even have to cut them for this dish. That will save you time for sure!
1) 3-4 pound roast (this was a 3 pound beef roast)
2) 1-2 pounds of carrots, cut into bite sized pieces (or baby carrots)
3) 1-2 onions, cut into chunks
4) 2 Tablespoons spices of your choice + 1 cup water (I used Italian season). This is where you can play up and change this recipe to your family's liking. Next time I'm going to try to do a chili flavored version.
1) Place your carrots and onions into the slow cooker.
|Carrots and Onions|
2) Add your roast on top.
|Carrots, Onions, and the Roast plus spices --- ready to cook!|
3) Mix up your 1 cup of water and spices, then add on top of the roast and carrots.
4) Cook on low for 8 hours.
The beef will just fall apart and the carrots and onions will be super tender and tasty.
Post a Comment