I don't know that I ever had brussel sprouts growing up, to be honest. But once I got more into cooking and into Paleo, I had dabbled in some vegetable exploration. There are so many different kinds of delicious vegetables out there with insane health benefits! Brussel sprouts have a very similar taste to broccoli, in my opinion, and are absolutely amazing when roasted. But I wanted to try something new with them this time. This recipe was inspired by a cookbook I was browsing and saw the use of broccoli and brussel sprout "slaw" to add some bulk to recipes. Also, I had just gotten some very tasty cherry balsamic vinegar at the farmer's market and this provided a perfect place to test it out!
And the bacon? Why not! I used some uncured, sugar-free delicious bacon from US Wellness Meats, who are the best online meat source that I have found!
Add this delicious side dish to some salmon or steak and have a delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy, and the kids won't even realize it's brussel sprouts!
1. 2 pounds (one package) of brussel sprouts
2. 8 oz/slices of bacon, diced
3. 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar or flavored balsamic vinegar
4. 1/4 cup of olive oil or coconut oil
1. Heat up a large skillet over medium-low heat, add your diced bacon, and cook until the bacon bits have shed a lot of their oil and are crispy.
2. While the bacon is cooking, use a food processor with the shredder attachment and shred your brussel sprouts.
3. Strain the bacon from your pan and leave in the bacon grease.
4. Add the shredded brussel sprouts to your pan and raise the heat to medium. Cook for 10-15 minutes until your sprouts are tender and browned.
5. In a bowl, mix your vinegar and oil and add it to the brussel sprouts. Add back in your bacon at this time as well. Cook an additional 2-5 minutes until everything is warmed.
6. Serve these up! Enjoy!
3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!