Everytime we go to Costco, I want to buy a giant jar of Nutella and eat the whole thing in one day with a spoon while watching Netflix. It is so delicious, but definitely not my definition of a good, healthy decision.
So instead, I bought some hazelnuts and wanted to try and create some sort of chocolatey-hazelnut treat to satisfy my Nutella desires.
I made this little gems for my birthday and got some pretty great reviews, and my boyfriend happily ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day.
1) 1 1/2 cups of hazelnuts
2) 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life, because they are delicious, dairy/soy free and only three ingredients! Order on Amazon!)
3) 1/4 cup of coconut oil
4) 1 cup of shredded coconut
5) 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
1) Add your hazelnuts to your food processor and pulse until it breaks down into flour.
2) Microwave your chocolate chips until melted, and then add them to the food processor. Then add your coconut oil, shredded coconut and optional sweetener.
3) Blend until smooth and everything is incorporated.
4) Roll into balls and let harden at least 30 minutes in the fridge.