My boyfriend could eat hard-boiled eggs only every single day for breakfast from now until he's 90 and probably not complain. I just can't do it! Sometimes we need variety with our breakfast, so I adjusted a recipe I used to make for muffins into something simple, minimal ingredients, and protein packed.
There's almost a whole egg in every muffin, and a ton of coconutty protein, fiber, and fat.
These are a fairly plain muffin, so you could certainly add in some fruit or nuts or whatever you want to make them more than 5-ingredients. They're yummy regardless. Add in some coconut chips if you are feeling brave and want a treat, or add in some shredded coconut to give it more texture and up the coconut amount even more. Or cover them in tasty jam post cooking...or almond butte.....or bacon. Do it!
I think these would be fabulous as a biscuit replacement in "biscuits and gravy", or as a tasty corn-bread type muffin side for a nice bowl of chili!
Or you can just eat them for breakfast, in place of your normal hard-boiled eggs. Unless you're my boyfriend, and now you'll just eat both.
1) 9 eggs
2) 3/4 cup coconut flour
3) 1/4 cup coconut milk
4) 6 tablespoons coconut oil
5) 1 teaspoon baking powder
Also, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt (these are spices so I think they should be technically exempt from the 5-ingredient list!)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Either line some muffin tins with something to make them non-stick, use muffin paper, or use your handy-dandy silicon muffin molds! Best invention ever.
2) Place all the ingredients into a food processor or mix by hand, but the coconut lumps come out way easier in the processor.
3) Blend until smooth, then scoop into your muffin tins. This will make 12 good-sized muffins, or probably 18 half-full muffins. They do rise slightly, so it's really about how big you want them!
4) Cook for 15-22 minutes, until slightly brown on the top.
5) Remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy in whatever way you want!
|Starting to cook!
|Yes, they're finally done! And mine are heart shaped. Adorable.