Coming from Washington State, I super DOOOOOPER love apples. Yes I do! And I also love apple pie. I mean, really, who doesn't? But it is a lot of work, for one, and it's unfortunately very difficult to pull off a good gluten-free/Paleo crust for it. But let's be honest, isn't the inside the best part anyway??!!
So I will tell you that after I made this for my boyfriend a few times when we started dating, he encouraged me/us to buy a case of Coconut Cream Concentrate from Tropical Traditions, because it is THAT good! We still have tons of it, so I am able to make this dish a lot and keep little portions of it in our fridge, and we can have it as a side for a meal or a delicious dessert. Couldn't be easier, or tastier!
1) Apples (I used Fuji apples, and I used 4 apples to make 4 servings of this. Use as many or as few as you want at the time)
3) Coconut Cream Concentrate (aka Coconut Butter---you can find this at Tropical Traditions, or many other places (Let's Do Organic makes a good version too) or you can make your own. It's just like almond butter, except instead of almonds you use shredded coconut and puree until smooth) --- You will use 1 TBSP per apple
|The best product ever. Love love LOVE coconut cream!
1) Cut up your apples however you want. I chop them into small wedges. Whatever works for you!
|Sauteing the apples
2) Saute on medium heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft. The longer you saute them, the softer they will be. I like mine super soft, but it's up to you!
3) Sprinkle some cinnamon on top, or apple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice. Any dessert spices will work!
|Adding the cinnamon
4) Stir up your apples. Now it's time to add the coconut cream. You will add 1 tablespoon per apple. If this doesn't look like enough, add some more. It's YOUR meal to enjoy!
|Ready for coconut!
|Add in your coconut cream----almost done!
5) Stir to incorporate, and your apple "pie" is done!
I make 4-5 apples at a time, and then break it up into 4-5 servings and stick those in tupperware in the fridge so we always have some apples when the dessert demon starts calling!