Winter is in full effect, which means that winter squash are still plentiful and inexpensive at the grocery store. I sure do love butternut squash, and ever since I found the packages of pre-cut squash at the store, I've been buying it every time I go and making use of it. Instead of making a stew this time though, I wanted to make a soup. Nothing tastes better on a cold night than some warm soup in your belly, in my opinion.
This dish was pretty easy to make, and came out nice and hearty. I added a few ounces of shredded pork on my soup when I ate it, to round the meal out.
1) 2 pounds of diced butternut squash (use the pre-packaged if you can find it, or peel and dice your own)
2) 3-4 large carrots, roughly chopped
3) 1 onion, roughly chopped
4) 2 cups of chicken/beef stock or water
5) 1/2 tablespoon each of: cinnamon and ginger
Optional: 2 tablespoons of ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil to add some fat to the soup and help keep you fuller, longer (also makes it more Zone-friendly)
2) Mix together, and cook on low for 8-10 hours, until everything is very tender.
3) Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree your cooked mixture until everything is smooth.
4) Put it in a bowl, top with some cooked meat if you'd like, and warm yourself up!
3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!
QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALSReplyDelete
Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.
Start following our trades NOW & profit up to 270% daily.