Sometimes I really miss pizza. We've whipped up some gluten-free, Paleo crusts before, but it does take some effort and I don't have a lot of time these days. I decided to try and just throw some pizza flavors in the crockpot and see what happened. My boyfriend's favorite pizza is Hawaiian, so I improved with some sausage, threw in some pineapple, tomatoes, and some greens for good luck. The result was very tasty! I brought this to school and people got jealous, so you know it must be good!
1) 2 pounds of cooked sausage (I used chicken and apple)
2) 2-3 cans of diced tomatoes (15oz cans)
3) 2 cans of tomato sauce (15oz cans)
4) 3 cups of diced pineapple
5) 2-3 cups of chopped kale or spinach
Extra: 1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasonings, 1/2 teaspoon or so of salt
1) Heat up a large skillet or cast iron over medium-high heat. Chop up your sausage and throw in the pan to brown up and get some color on it. Gordon Ramsey says color is flavor, so this step is important!
Post a Comment