We have been trying our hand at creating some new flavors of kombucha, versus our normal one fruit variety that we normally drink. This version was a take on a new flavor we tried at the store, and we really enjoyed the outcome.
You could use any variety of citrus juice that you like or have on hand. The orange juice helps balance the other, more sour, juices so I would definitely keep that one in this no matter how you alter it. The sea salt helps add some depth to the flavor and helps with electrolyte balance too, so it's a win-win.
Hope you enjoy!
1) 24-28 ounces of unflavored kombucha
2) 1/4 cup of orange juice
3) 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
4) 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, or lime juice, or 1 tablespoon of each (which is what I did)
5) 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
1) Add your citrus juices and sea salt to a 32 ounce jar, and stir.
2) Fill up the rest of the jar with kombucha and mix.
3) Put in the fridge to drink right away, or keep on the counter for a day to add carbonation before you refrigerate.
Post a Comment