I make 90% one-pot meals in this house, so we don't normally have to worry about a vegetable side dish. But we've started doing a nice, sit-down, Saturday night meal together that's not from the crockpot. We cook it together and it's really nice. We have been alternating between steamed salmon, pork cutlets, and chicken thighs for our protein, but usually always end up with roasted carrots for our side. I picked up some delicious looking broccoli and cauliflower at Costco this week and wanted to try and add a little variety to our Saturday night meal.
These were delicious. Like SERIOUSLY. Roasting vegetables just makes them taste so much better. So much so that my dog actually ate a couple pieces of the leftover cauliflower from this. My dog does not like vegetables very much, but apparently she changed her tune when we roasted them. And now we feed her roasted carrots for a treat instead of other, processed treats. This is a win for everyone!
1) 2 large handfuls of fresh broccoli (about 3 cups)
2) 2 large handfuls of fresh cauliflower (about 3 cups)
(Or you can use 6 cups of just one type)
3) 1 tablespoon cooking oil of your choice (coconut oil, ghee, duck fat, tallow...)
4) 1/4 teaspoon of salt
5) 1/4 teaspoon seasoning of your choice (cumin, curry, chili powder, 5 spice, etc)
I used ghee and chili powder for this version
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) Add your vegetables to a large bowl, and add your oil. Mix well, and then sprinkle your seasonings on top.
3) Place your coated vegetables onto a lined cookie sheet (you a silicon mat, or parchment paper, or tin foil). Spread out evenly.
4) Roast for 15 minutes at 425. Then use a spatula to flip/stir the veggies.
5) Roast for another 10-20 minutes, depending on how cooked/tender you like your veggies. I cooked these about 30 minutes total.
3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!