Thursday, July 3, 2014

6-Ingredient Chicken Fajita Enchilada Casserole

That name is a mouthful...

I am so busy with school lately, it's just crazy. So on the weekends I need to cook up a storm to try and make it so I don't have to worry about anything during the week. So I am becoming obsessed with my crockpot and with casseroles. I just keep throwing together meat, veggies and usually a few eggs to tie it together and then baking it for an hour. Luckily for me, they keep tasting great! I picked up a can of enchilada sauce a very long time ago and it just sat it our cupboard for months, until I thought I'd just throw it in with a chicken casserole I was attempting. The result was delicious! Enjoy! I added the bell peppers too, which made it technically 6-ingredients, but you could sub out or in any veggies you had on hand or wanted to throw in.

Ingredients
1) 20oz of cooked, shredded chicken (I had cooked up some in my crockpot, but you could use a rotisserie chicken or whatever you have on hand. This was 1.5 pounds raw and came out to 20oz cooked)
2) 3 eggs
3) 1 cup of enchilada sauce (read the label and make sure it's not full of junk!)
4) 2 cans (15oz each) of diced tomatoes
5) 1 onions, diced
6) 2 bell peppers, diced
Extra: 1 teaspoon of chili powder, salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
1) Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Chop up your onion and green peppers, and add to the hot skillet with a little cooking oil of your choice.
3) Saute for about 10 minutes until tender. Add optional 1 teaspoon of chili powder to the the veggies now, plus some salt and pepper.
4) In a 9x13 pan, add your shredded chicken and diced tomatoes. Then add your cooked onion and green peppers. Stir to incorporate.
5) Mix your eggs and enchilada sauce in a separate bowl. Add in some salt and pepper here as well to flavor the liquid.
6) Add your egg mixture to the pan and stir to fully incorporate.
7) Cook at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Top with some guacamole if you'd like!



No comments:

Post a Comment