Our super amazing friends have been trading up grain-free cookies in exchange for them smoking us a bunch of pork. We are so lucky! I've been using the pork a lot just for salads, but wanted to try and make a breakfast-y dish with it. I used regular russet potatoes for this recipe, but you could substitute for sweet potatoes if you prefer. The result was delicious, and the apple added a nice sweetness in the background.
This meal is Paleo-Zone! Hooray! I haven't posted one of those forever. If you're not concerned with balancing your macro nutrients as much, you don't have to be quite as specific with your measurements.
1) 10oz pound of cooked, shredded pork (10P)
2) 10 eggs (10P, 20F)
3) 1 onion, diced (3C)
4) 1 apple, diced (2C)
5) 1.5 pound of potatoes, diced (15C)
Total: 20P, 20C, 20F -- 20 blocks
1) Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Then, chop up your potatoes.
2) Add your potatoes to the heated skillet. If you had a pan that is not non-stick, you may need to add a little oil to ensure the potatoes do not stick.
4) After the 10 minutes, add in your apple and onion. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are 90% soft. They'll cook the rest of the way in the oven.
**Now preheat your oven to 350 degrees**
Post a Comment