I will tell you what--the pre-shredded bags of cabbage that you would use to make coleslaw are seriously my favorite thing right now. So easy to just throw a bag in with what I'm cooking and add some delicious texture and a healthy dose of veggies! So this stir-fry essentially stemmed from me having some shredded cabbage and celery that were about to go bad. Decided to saute it all up and WOW it was delicious! I used coconut aminos to give it more flavor, but you could use a gluten-free soy sauce if you have one. The longer this cooks, the better, so try and do the whole hour if you can!
1) 2 pounds of ground beef
2) 1 head of cabbage, shredded (or 1 bag of pre-shredded lettuce)
3) 2 onions, diced
4) 1.5 pounds of carrots, sliced or diced
5) 3 cups of diced celery (about 10 sticks)
Extra: 1/4 cup of coconut aminos or soy sauce alternative
Also: Salt and Pepper
1) Heat up a large pan over medium-high heat. Add your ground beef and diced onions and saute about 10 minutes, until cooked.
5) Season with salt and pepper to taste. I ended up about a teaspoon or so of salt until it was where I wanted it flavor wise.
6) Enjoy! Leftovers are fantastic!
Post a Comment