I love ethnic food in any capacity, and while this dish is really easy (it only has 4 ingredients, people!), it hits some great taste notes. You can definitely add more to your pot if you want it (or make a double batch, because this only made us 4 polish-sized servings)---we served it over cauliflower rice but you could add some florets to the batch when you slow cook it and that would add texture and be more filling without really any more work!
This dish couldn't be simpler, and it's very budget friendly as well!
1) 2 pounds of boneless chicken (I used thighs this time, but breasts or a combo would work too)
2) 1 can (14oz) of full fat coconut milk (I used Thai Kitchen)
3) 1 onion
4) 2-4 TBSP curry powder
1) Get out your crockpot!
2) Toss in your chicken. NO NEED TO CHOP IT! The slow cooking will make it so you can shred it when it's done, saving you time and clean up!
3) Chop up your onion. I roughly diced it. It just adds some flavor and texture to this.
4) Add in your curry powder. I used 3 TBSP and it was just a little spicy. So depending on how much you like the heat, add to your taste levels. You can always add more curry when it's done cooking!
5) Mix up everything.
6) Let cook 8 hours on low.
7) Once done cooking, shred up your chicken inside the crockpot with two forks.
8) Serve over cauliflower rice (link below if you want one), regular rice, or just eat it as is.
|Everything ready to be cooked|
|Curry plus "Rice" equals AWESOME!|
|Serve on top of some Cauliflower Rice for more texture. Here's a good one http://www.primalpalate.com/recipe/cauliflower-rice/|