It's summer time! Which in my house, means that every time you to go the grocery store, you come home with twice as much fruit than you had planned to buy.
But what to do with all that yummy fruit laying around, before it goes bad?
When picking up groceries the other day, me and the boyfriend decided to get an extra watermelon while they are in season, and I was going to puree one of them and store it up for making watermelon-flavored kombucha (doesn't that sound delicious?!). But we had run out of popsicles in the freezer, so I was going to make another batch. We made some strawberry banana ones last time, and they were AWESOME, but I thought maybe watermelon could be good.
HOLY MOLEY, this was the best decision ever! You could definitely make these with little dixie cups and popsicle sticks if you don't have the freezer mold. It was like $5 on Amazon, and one of the best things that we bought because we make a new batch at least once a week! Perfect little evening treats, especially on these hot summer days.
You know what else would be delicious? Make these into ice cubes. The possibilities are endless. WARNING: be prepared to eat all of them way quicker than you planned!
1) 1 cup of coconut milk (I use full-fat, canned, but you could use Lite or even in the carton, or even cow's milk if you're feeling brave)
2) 2-3 cups of seedless watermelon
1) Puree the watermelon with the coconut milk in a food processor or blender, until smooth. Don't worry about the little white seeds, you will hardly notice them at all.
2) Poor into your popsicle molds, or into your dixie cups. Then put the lids on, or the popsicle sticks in if you went that route.
3) Put in the freezer and let harden up, probably about 4 hours.
We ended up having about a good 1/2 cup leftover after filling up the molds, which my boyfriend happily drank as a smoothie. Even though it's the same ingredients, the flavor of the smoothie doesn't do justice in showing what will happen when the popsicles harden!
3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!