Carrots are delicious. Raw, cooked, pureed.
Wait, wait --- how do we cook them up to be even yummier?!
Roasting, my friends, is where it's at!
1) 8-10 good sized carrots (or as many as you can fit on your tray! The more the merrier)
2) 2 Tablespoons of fat of your choice (I've made it with coconut oil, and with duck fat, but olive oil or any other oil would be easily delicious. Doing dairy? Make it with butter and make yourself insanely happy)
3) Salt/Pepper/Whatever spices you want (I just used salt and pepper but it's really up to you. Make it your own!)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1) Peel your carrots and then slice into similar thickness pieces, so they all cook evenly.
2) Melt your 2 tablespoons of oil in a big bowl, and then toss in your carrots to evenly coat.
3) Spread your carrots out on a baking sheet covered in a silicon mat or some parchment paper to keep it from sticking.
4) Sprinkle whatever spices you want onto the carrots.
5) Cover the baking sheet in aluminum foil tightly, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
6) After the 20 minutes are over, remove the tin foil and cook an additional 10-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until they're as tender as you want. Took me 20 minutes here because I like mine really soft.
7) Serve 'em up and enjoy, buttercup! Carrots are delicious and you just rocked this side dish!