I guess technically I should call these Banana Apple Coconut cookies, but that just seems excessive. How about Banana Apple Coconut Almond cookies? That's 4 out of the 5 ingredients in the title. Nobody would click on that link, I'm pretty sure. But somehow, here you are. So I am clearly doing something right! :)
These cookies are insanely easy, and you could absolutely add other ingredients to them if you want, like chocolate chips or other nuts or dried fruit. These are really just a delicious, easy, healthy base for whatever you can imagine. So get cooking!
1) 1 apple, cored and diced (I used fuji because that's all we buy)
2) 1 banana, semi to fully ripe (the riper, the sweeter the cookie)
3) 1 cup of nuts (I used unsalted almonds, you could literally use ANY. Salted ones will give a slightly different flavor in this cookie but still delicious)
4) 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
5) 2 eggs
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
|All your ingredients|
2) In a food processor or high-tech blender, add the eggs, banana and apple and blend until mostly smooth.
3) Add in your nuts and coconut and puree until all the lumps are out and you have a uniform consistency.
***Note: I decided to just add everything to the food processor at once. And then it wouldn't blend, so I had to take half of it out and blend it and then add it back in. Don't be like me!***
|Ready to blend|
|All mixed up|
4) Scoop your dough onto a greased cookie sheet or a silicone mat. Press down the cookies to make them more flat. They won't really rise so you can put them close together.