Summer is wrapping up, which means it is time for pumpkins! We are recently trying to eat Paleo-Zone for some personal goals, so I have been trying to figure out some one-pot meals to make that incorporate everything together. So pumpkin has a lot of good, healthy carbs in it, and completes this meal out perfectly! Adding in the bulk with carrots and onions make this meal incredibly filling. So eat up----it's finally cooling down enough for a delicious warm stew at the end of the day!
1) 2 pounds of chicken (breasts, thighs or mixture)
2) 3 cans of pumpkin puree (about 6 cups total)
3) 1 can of coconut milk (14oz)
4) 2 large onions (4 cups chopped)
5) 8-10 large carrots, chopped (1.5 pounds)
Extra: Spices of your choosing--(I added 2 TBSP curry, 1 TBSP cinnamon and salt)
**Zone: This will make a 24-block meal in your crockpot. I weighed it out into three 5-block meals for the boyfriend, and three 3-block meals for myself.
If you don't want to make this Zone friendly, you can adjust the pumpkin and vegetable amounts to your liking. It was a huge pot of food, for sure.
1) Get out your slow cooker!
2) Mix three cans of pumpkin with the can of coconut milk. Add in any spices you want now.
|Pumpkin and Coconut Milk mixture|
3) Chop up your onions and carrots, and add to the mix.
4) Add in your chicken. No need to chop it up, it'll get shredded after cooking.
|All ingredients added|
5) Mix everything in your crockpot. Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
|All mixed up and ready to slow cook|
6) After the cooking, use two forks and shred your chicken into the stew.
|Cooked & Shredded|
7) Dinner time!