Enter unflavored gelatin. This product is great! I had read some of the amazing benefits of it (hello joint care!) plus it's almost pure protein, so it makes these delicious treats into a nice protein booster!
You could absolutely make these with any kind of fruit/juice you want. We happened to have peaches in the freezer, so that's what I tried. Definitely want to make a million varieties now!
You can choose to let these harden in cute little molds like I did (I love portion control!) or you can pour it into a cooking pan and just cut pieces out like that.
We are definitely starting to eat a few of these cubes a day, and we know we are giving ourselves a good, healthful and beneficial treat!
1) 1/2 cup of pureed fruit or fruit juice (measured after you puree)
2) 1/2 cup of citrus juice (lemon, lime, orange...)
3) 3 Tablespoons of unflavored gelatin (use the red bottle of Great Lakes brand---bought it on Amazon). See the picture below.
1) Warm up your fruit and juice in a small pot, over medium-low heat.
|Fruit & Juice puree, heating up|
2) Once warmed through (about 5 minutes), add in your gelatin. Whisk vigorously to incorporate all of your gelatin or you will get little white specks in it.
|Awesome, healthy gelatin---good for your body!|
|Adding the gelatin in|
3) Keep on the heat for 1-2 minutes while you whisk and the gelatin incorporates.
4) Pour into your molds or your pan, and place in the refrigerator to set, approximately 3-4 hours.
5) Eat these jewels and help out your joints!
You could be qualified to receive a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.ReplyDelete