I saw a recipe while browsing some Paleo blogs and was inspired about some scrambled eggs with banana added. I decided to adjust the recipe and see if I couldn't make it more protein-friendly, and even make it Zone! If you're not doing the Zone, this recipe is still 100% Paleo and definitely worth trying out.
The most amazing things was that it worked out, and it tastes like banana bread! It has an oatmeal consistency, and would be delicious as leftovers as well. Definitely adding this to the weekly lineup for breakfast choices!
We are starting the national Lurong Paleo Challenge tomorrow! I'm pretty excited about it, to say the least. Anyone else joining us? I have been cooking up all weekend to prep us meals for the week. 3-2-1-Go!
1) 8 eggs (Zone: 8P)
2) 2 ripened bananas (Zone: 6C)
3) 1 cup blueberries (Zone: 2C)
4) 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour (Zone: 6F)
5) 1 teaspoon oil for the pan (Zone: 2F)
Makes 8 blocks. We divided it up to a 3 block and 5 block meal for me and my boyfriend. But you could divide it into four 2-block meals, or even round up to three 3-block meals. That's breakfast for half the week!
1) Heat a large skillet over medium-medium low heat.
2) Add bananas, eggs and almond flour to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
|Eggs, Bananas and Almond Flour in the food processor|
3) Fold in blueberries to incorporate.
4) Add oil to the pan, and add in your egg/banana mixture.
|Starting to cook|
5) Stir slowly, as if making scrambled eggs, until cooked to desired consistency.
6) Eat up!