Sometimes you just need something sweet! This recipe has 4 ingredients--3 of which I am sure 90% of paleo enthusiasts have on hand all the time: nuts, dried fruit, and shredded coconut. I literally whipped this up in 3 minutes, and let it cool for 10 minutes and we were enjoying the fruits of our labor (pun intended!). You could throw in whatever you have on hand, or go shopping and throw in your favorites. Next time we have some macadamia nuts on hand, I'll definitely try this with those as well.
1) 1/2 cup of roasted nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, etc) - I used almonds
2) 1/2 cup of chopped, dried fruit (apricots, prunes, berries, dates, figs) - I used apricots
3) 1/2 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
4) 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life, which are dairy/soy free and only 3 ingredients themselves!)
**Makes: 8-10 clusters
1) Chop up your dried fruit. You could also chop your nuts if you want smaller pieces.
2) Add your chocolate chips to a bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Mine took 1 minute.
3) Fold in your fruit and nuts to the chocolate, until all are coated evenly. Then add in your coconut, and mix to combine.
|All mixed up|
4) Shape into clusters on a lined plate or cookie tray, to prevent sticking. You could also just spread into a layer and then break apart after it's cooled.
5) Place in the fridge to harden, about 10 minutes or longer. Store in the fridge.
Post a Comment