As I study more towards my physical therapy degree, I learn more and more about how important our joints are. As a CrossFitter, I know that my joints take a beating during workouts, and also by sitting around in class all day. So I know that I need to eat good things that promote joint health, and collagen is such a great supplement for that. I have made a gummy before, but this time I tried it using kombucha instead of pureed fruit and without using the stove at all. Call it a super lazy gummy snack, if you will. Plus, this one not only has the probiotics from the kombucha, but it has the awesome collagen from the powder. We have started taking these with our post-workout recovery meal, and we are enjoying the taste AND the health benefits!
1) 1 cup of kombucha (homemade, or store-bought), any flavor (I used mango this time because it is what I had the most of on hand)
2) 1/4 cup of water
3) 1/4 cup of lemon juice
4) 1/4 cup of unflavored gelatin (I used Great Lakes brand, pictured below)
**Makes 12-16 gummies, depending on size
1) Mix your kombucha and lemon juice together in a bowl.
2) Stir in your 1/4 cup of gelatin.
5) Add the boiling water to your mixture, and stir until smooth. All of the gelatin will melt and mix in now.