This tastes like Thanksgiving to me. Sweet, delicious Thanksgiving.
It's the weekend, so I am cooking us up a stand-alone protein and some veggie sides for dinner. I usually do carrots, but had just bought a few boxes of diced up butternut squash from Costco the other day. So this was a hail marry---I was hoping it would be delicious and easy and was it ever!
Hope you enjoy. I am definitely going to make this more often, and I will for sure make it come Thanksgiving this year!
1) 2 pounds of cubed butternut squash (or 1 large squash, peeled and cubed)
2) 2 tablespoons of melted ghee or butter (could use coconut oil, but won't taste as buttery obviously)
3) 1 tablespoon of honey
4) 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
5) 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Melt your ghee or butter in a small bowl, then add in your honey and stir to combine.
4) Drizzle the honey butter mixture on top of the squash, and then use your hands to evenly distribute and coat all of the squash.
6) Sprinkle with salt.