I love the tastes of sausage and peppers, and I have a nice recipe for an oven version here. But I have a lot more ground sausage in my freezer than links, and I also wanted to try and make a slow cooked version that would be easier to throw together. And here you go...100% cooked in the crockpot, and still insanely delicious!
This filled my crockpot up to the very top, but it cooks down a bit and then leaves you with a nice soup-like broth for your meal. I'd never really used raw ground meat in my crockpot before so I wasn't exactly sure how it would work out, but it cooked right up and was so much easier than pre-cooking it!
1) 2 pounds of ground sausage (or 1 pound sausage and 1 pound ground pork)
2) 6-8 green peppers (or any color), chopped into bite-sized pieces
3) 2 onions, diced
4) 2-3 apples, diced
5) 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
**Makes 6-8 servings
1) Add your ground meat to the bottom of your crockpot.
2) Add your chopped peppers, onions and apples to the crockpot as well.
3) Cook on low for 8-10 hours, and then stir very well to break up the sausage into smaller pieces.
4) Add in your lemon juice. You can add more juice as needed and/or salt and pepper to your liking.
Post a Comment